Mastering Expanded Withholding Taxes Incorporating the Effects of TRAIN Law
Course Description: A comprehensive seminar on tax laws, BIR rules and regulations and jurisprudence on compliance with expanded withholding tax system and related updates under the TRAIN LAW.
- To understand the applicable tax laws, regulations and jurisprudence on expanded withholding tax;
- To be able to identify business transactions that are subject to expanded withholding tax and to compute for correct taxes to be withheld;
- To understand the proper timing, filing and payment of tax withheld;
- To be able to spot common and potential withholding tax issues;
- To be updated on the recent rules on expanded withholding tax based on TRAIN 1 and 2.
- Tax Consultancy and Advisory
- Tax Review Lectures
- Handling BIR Investigations
- Corporate Services
- Tax Compliance Review and Tax Returns Preparation and Filing
- Conducts CPD Seminars and Trainings on Taxation Cloud Accounting Software
- External Audit of Financial Statements
- Fraud/Special Audits and Internal Audits
- ICPA for Tax Refund Cases with the Court of Tax Appeals
- Other Assurance and Non-Assurance Services
- A generalist with expertise in Philippine taxation on PEZA/BOI Entities, Information Technology,
Agriculture,Trading, Manufacturing and Services.
- He graduated from De La Salle University Taft, Manila last September 2003 with a Masters degree on
- He Graduated as Cum Laude and Rector’s Awardee in Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Calamba last
Raymund is the managing partner of Manaig, Manaig & Co., CPAs (MM&Co.) and has been in the practice for more than 20 years. His firm currently has 22 staffs, 70% of which are CPAs. In October 2016, his firm was promoted as a Certified Xero Advisor Gold Partner. Moreover, his firm is a member of IECnet since September 2017, https://iecnet.net/, an international association of accountants, auditors and tax consultants.
Prior to establishing MM&Co., he worked for 3 yrs as a staff auditor and tax accountant with Bondoc, Wong & Co., CPAs, Makati Philippines. He worked with a D.M. Consunji for 2 years as a senior accountant. He also had a 4 year service delivery experience at Procter & Gamble Asia PTE Ltd. as a process owner handling disbursements, affiliate transactions and accounts payable. Then, he started practicing the public accounting profession as a sole practitioner in 1999. Simultaneously, he started his own businesses: computer rentals and restaurant in the same year while doing part-time/full-time teaching work at Colegio de San Juan de Letran from 1997 up to 2006 teaching Basic Accounting, Managerial accounting, Auditing Theory and Auditing Problems. Then, he also became a part-time assistant professor in City College of Calamba teaching Auditing Theory and Auditing Problems—in both schools, total of 9 years teaching experience. Now, he is also currently an “enhancement” tax reviewer for CPA reviewees at LCRC- Laguna, a CPA review center in Calamba Laguna established in July 2017 of which he is the president and review director.
As a managing partner of MM&Co. whose main role aside from management, is in the area of taxation, he provided tax advisory services to both local and international clients. He handled various Letter of Authorities,
Letter Notices and Tax Verification Notices involving determination of clients’ compliance with tax rules and regulations and has represented clients in tax cases before the Bureau of Internal Revenue in various Revenue District Offices (RDOs). He has addressed queries on tax and other corporate concerns; handled registration, reorganization and other requirements for doing business in the Philippines; and conducted tax seminars with CPD units for his clients as well as with non-clients.